Food & Beverage Server - Gaspereau Vineyards
Gaspereau Vineyards is a boutique winery located within the Gaspereau Valley. We are only 3 kms from the town of Wolfville, NS. We are a passionate team of wine enthusiasts committed to our customers & committed to growing the local wine industry.
Position: Food & Beverage Server
Place: Gaspereau Vineyards
Wage Rate: Dependent on experience
Working Hours: Full time & part time, during peak season, May-October. Must be flexible to work weekends & some evenings.
Reports to: Retail Manager
The Patio Server is primarily responsible to ensure that guests have a positive experience. They provide guests with information and assistance designed to assist them with their needs. Patio Servers provide the main form of interaction between the public and our brand. As such, they are our primary brand ambassadors & are expected to display & provide a lasting positive image with visitors to the winery and the public at large.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Greet visitors to winery in a positive hospitable manner. Outgoing & dynamic.
- Able to carry multiple plates in order to expedite food & beverage services efficiently.
- Interact with guests to determine listings, menu items they will enjoy.
- Perform opening/closing duties following procedures and checklists.
- Perform all Point of Sale duties & procedures, including credit/debit reconciliation.
- Manage patio table lay-out & presentation at all times.
- Follow Food Service policies & procedures.
- Be proactive in decision making.
- Strong ability to multi-task and manage multiple situations at once.
- Ability to work as part of a team & display interpersonal skills.
- Basic computer skills are required.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Must be of legal age to serve alcohol.
- Able to perform food service procedures on licensed patio.
- Previous retail, food & beverage service and tourism related experience is a strong asset.
- Food Handlers certification & other relevant documents are a strong asset.