Career Opportunity - Quality Assurance Technician Jost Vineyards
Devonian Coast Wineries owns and operates three distinctly different award winning wineries in Nova Scotia, Canada with total production of well over 100,000 cases per year. Jost Vineyards produces world-class wines from some of the most distinctive premium-quality grapes in North America.
We have an immediate opening for a Quality Assurance Technician at our Jost Vineyards location on the beautiful Northumberland shores of Nova Scotia.
Position: Quality Assurance Technician
Place: Jost Vineyards
Start Date: Immediately
Wage Rate: Dependent on experience
Working Hours: Typically regular, full time hours, but during our busy harvest season (Late September to November), the hours can extend into late evenings and weekends.
Reports to: Head Winemaker & Cellar Master
Special Note: Ability to live in and/or commute to North Shore, Nova Scotia, required.
This is an exciting career opportunity for a Quality Assurance Technician who has preferably worked in a winery lab and cellar environment and/or received a diploma related to winery lab, food science and/or wine cellar training. The successful candidate will work directly with the Winemaker and Cellar Master. The job will involve the full range of Quality Control activities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform all analyses in a timely and accurate manner
- Make sure all solutions are accurate and equipment is maintained/calibrated routinely
- Organize tastings required for new blends and prepare required reports
- Maintain an accurate lab products inventory and order new products as required for the cellar
- Perform quality control on all grapes, bottled wines, packaging, and at the bottling/canning line
- Daily input of Work Orders into our Wine Management Software
- Completion of Work Orders related to analysis
- Work with Microsoft Suite of products
- Train cellar staff as required
- Wine library maintenance and inventory
- Assist the cellar team when needed
- Have the ability to lift 50 lbs
- Contribute input to new product development
Interested applicants may apply by submitting a cover letter and resumé in confidence to our Head Winemaker, Gina Haverstock: email@example.com with a subject title of Quality Assurance Technician